Tolerable Nausea 011: Cults

The Tolerable Nausea crew dives deep into the secretive world of cults. Toby starts the Tolerable Nausea cult. Russell talks about working with a sociopath. Shannoa goes to war with a sage. And Eric goes on a journey to find a local orgy.

Questions? Comments? Come and be on the show, contact us at tolerablenausea@gmail.com

Follow us on Twitter @tolerablenausea

1. Casey says:

Also, I’m with Toby- I’m in agreement that the westboro baptist assholes simply do what they do so that they can get punched in the face, sue, and not have a real job.
    We have one of those jackwagons on our campus at UNK every year. They harass every female that goes by, saying that they should be at home and not at a college being educated. They harass anyone with a shirt with a logo on it, saying that they idolize people falsely. They harass people in fraternities (service fraternities that don’t even have house parties or anything), saying that they are “covens of sin” or some BS like that. They lash out at anybody and everybody they can get a rise out of, and the campus police have to protect their right to say it. They talk down the students, saying (and I quote here), “This asshole isn’t worth it. Let it go.” And at the end of the day, they probably go back home, have a beer, rub one out and go back to a life that’s probably pretty normal. I refuse to believe that they actually live the life they “preach.” No one, and I mean NO ONE, can live with that much hate for that long.

2. Casey says:

On topic of pronunciation- for the most part, Japanese (and really, most languages aside from english) only have 5 vowel sounds. A letter “a” always sounds as “ah,” an “e” always sounds as “eh,” an “i” always sounds as “ee,” an “o” always sounds as “oh,” and a “u” always sounds as “oo.” There are a couple of exceptions, mostly with proper nouns, but Shannoa’s pronunciations were pretty much spot on.

I think I read somewhere that the english phonetic system has something like 24 different vowel sounds. Something like that. Either way, it makes it difficult to decide how to pronounce stuff, especially when we borrow words from other languages.

Off my soap box, now.

Check out the big brain on Casey. See kids, this is what college will do for you, you can actually sound like you know what your talking about, and actually know what your talking about at the same time.

3. Toby says:

The “C” word needs to be used more so I takes the sting away. I dream of a day it’s in the opening line of every presidential candidate’s rebutle, every high school commencement speech, every Channing Tatum movie tag line. That’s the America I dream of, the America I wanna fight for!

4. Shannoa says:

Eric, you’re dead to me. Russ, it must just be your xbox =/ Played on my phone, and computer just fine! Also gotta add just how much I loved having another girl there to back me. Thanks Christina =]

5. Russ says:

Hey, don’t know if it’s just me because I listen with my xbox, but this one wouldn’t play for me. It played last weeks just fine.